October 17, 2004

Simple Czech warmth

Caught a film featured in the European film fest today. Titled 'Autumn Spring'. About how a 76 year old man refused to acknowledge that his time on earth may be up anytime soon. Unlike his wife who worried and prepared for their deaths (deciding on the death announcement font and scrubbing the grave that their son got for them as a bday present), Fanda had his own fun taking up roles of different people, doing (in his wife's opinion) silly and crazy things.

I enjoyed the film. It was funny. It was simple. And warm. The old gentleman who played Fanda had a delightful resemblance to Prof Chua. I found that quite funny. hehe

xxx

Welcome back to the 'surreal' world (quoted from you), Love! You've been missed.

I want to know all about your mysterious encounters in Beijing! And, of course, the bitching.

xxx

Cafe Cartel sounds ok. If that's set, I'd prefer we just grow roots there instead of heading to Starbucks for coffee. Then again, it may be a bit too noisy to embark on our GID there. Well, I suggest The Esplanade, just sitting by the river with Twisties and Pokka Green tea.

Let's talk about marriage and Death amongst others!

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:47